Kenya Safari Booking Terms & Conditions
Kenya Safari Booking Terms & Conditions 2020 - Bon Voyage Kenya Safaris
Our cancellation charges are determined by the fact that once we have booked with hotels and safari camps/lodges and with local airlines, they will charge us a cancellation fee if we cancel a booking. We try to keep such charges to a minimum and they are as follows, as a percentage of the total
invoice charges of an already booked safari package;
• 90% refund when done 90 Days before the set safari date.
• 85% refund when done 60 Days before the set safari date.
• 70% refund when done 30 Days before the set safari date.
• Nil refund when done 10 days or less before the set safari date.
• Any amendment done 30 days or less prior to commencement of the safari, attracts 10% charge.• Any amendment done 30 days or less prior to commencement of the safari, attracts 10% charge.
• If a client fails to appear on the D-day of safari and does not give us any notice, no refunds will be made.
• Any refunds due to you in the event of cancellation can be credited only to the original card used for making the initial payment.
• Due to the coronavirus (COVID-19), refunds may take longer than usual [within 150 days upon receipt of cancellation for the safari], however this can be reviewed as the situation unfolds.
• More than 90 days after the set safari date any cancellation attracts 5% of the tour price.
Travel Insurance, Accident/Loss
It is essential each safari member to have adequate and comprehensive travel insurance covering cancellation, as well as medical expenses, personal accident, personal baggage and money loss. We request that you provide us with your insurance provider’s name, together with the policy number and the insurance company’s emergency contact telephone number in case of any emergency whilst you are traveling.
- The company on the other part will not be liable to any loss, damage and inconveniences unless resulted by companies team.
Safari Credit Note
You may be unable to travel right now or have concerns about travelling.
In response to COVID-19, we’ve introduced the option to
convert the amount you’ve paid to credit for future tours run by Bon Voyage Kenya Safaris.
This is a way to make sure you keep the money you paid and an alternative to cancelling your existing booking
(which may trigger cancellation costs according to Bonvoyage Kenya Safaris’s Terms & Conditions).
- Budget safari travellers will have a safari transport on pop up top Safari minivans depending on the tour itinerary/package.
- Mid-range or luxury safari travelers will have a safari transport on pop up top 4x4 safari jeep depending on the tour itinerary/package.
- Private Groups/ families may opt to pay extra to have a private 4x4 jeep tour.
- All our safari services are offered with professional English speaking driver-guides.
- Private travellers may opt to pay extra to have a preferred driver of language choice. We offer German, French, Italian & Spanish- speaking driver guides upon request.
The safari cost includes all accommodation and meals during the safari period.
The safari accommodation lodge/ camp provides all meals; From lunch on day 1 through breakfast on the last day.
- Group tour is based on shared rooms. The company will match solo travellers booking separately to share a room at no extra cost.
- Solo travellers may opt to pay extra to have a private room.
The company reserves the right to alter arrangements/cancel the operation of a scheduled safari should conditions necessitate.
It also reserves the right to decline to accept or retain any person as a member of any tour at any time, in which case an equitable amount will be refunded.
Park Entry Fees & Taxes
All our tour rates/safari cost does not include park entry fees to national parks and reserves. Below find current rates for major parks in Kenya.
NON RESIDENT RATES
- MASAI MARA NATIONAL RESERVE
-Adults pay $80 USD per person
-Child 3 to 12 years old pay $45 USD
- AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK
-Adults pay $60 USD per person
-Child 3 to 12 years old pay $35 USD
- NAIROBI NATIONAL PARK
-Adults pay $43 USD per person
-Child 3 to 12 years old pay $22 USD
- LAKE NAKURU NATIONAL PARK
-Adults pay $35 USD per person
-Child 3 to 12 years old pay $20 USD
Smoking/Alcohol Consumption While on Safari
We advise our clients not to engage in cigarette smoking and alcohol consumption during game drives and in the safari vehicle. Also note that drugs like bang, heroin, cocaine and narcotics are prohibited in Kenya.
Clients are advised to visit our private policy and get a complete summary of our codes of ethics for an efficient safari.